predation on cercariae

stevens christop at gopher.lscf.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:17:46 EST 1995

HI!  Does anybody know if there is a body of literature out there on
vertebrate or invertebrate predation on cercariae?  I am particularly
interested in species where the predator is NOT serving as a second
intermediate host.  I am interested in reading about the impact of
unsuitable host species on cercarial abundance in a field (or lab)
system.  The only study that I have seen is from the 1960's by Rowan
working on Puerto Rican schistosomes.  Any info or help would be much
appreciated!

Theresa Stevens
stevens at lifesci.ucsb.edu