S. japonicum mRNA

Jonathan Kurtis Jonathan_Kurtis at Brown.edu
Mon Jan 9 20:56:51 EST 1995

Hi, I'm a MD/PhD student who is just about finished with my phd thesis. I
made a protective Mab and cloned and expressed the worm gene recognized by
this Mab. For my last experiment, I was going to do a northern blot on
adult worm mRNA with a probe from my cloned gene. Unfortunately, the worms
I brought back from the Philippines have degraded message. Also, since my
advisor left my university, I can not house infected animals at our animal
care facility. This has left me with one last experiment to do, but
without any mRNA to do it!!

does anyone out there have 2-3 micrograms of poly A RNA or 200 micrograms
of total RNA from adult Philippine strain Schistosoma japonicum worms...

Any help would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

Jake

--