biological pest control

Joachim Dagg joaccigh at w204zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 10 07:59:48 EST 1995

Well, not exclusively parasitology, but associated:
Are there any examples of biological pest control through competitors?
It must be hard to find a competitor, not detrimental itself. But on
the other hand a competitor is a good reason to go extinct. I think
that happened to smallpox in competition to the avirulent vaccine
strain.
And what about biological/ecological/integrated pest control/
management? I read a book about the subject and am quite enthusiastic
now. But the book was rather positivistic and uncritical. To produce
some contra:
Biological pest control is the new salvation doctrine!
Joachim <joaccigh at w250zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de>