Seeking a job in parasitology

Leslie Goldberg ez043404 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 12 15:21:57 EST 1995

I am seeking a position assisting scientific research in the field of
medical parasitology.  My extensive experience in research projects and
teaching, the breadth of my coursework, and my medical experience all
attest to my avid interest and dedication to the field of medical biology.
I have a strong scientific background, and a diligent, outgoing
personality that has served me well in the classroom and the laboratory.

I am a graduate from the University of California, Davis, with dual
Bachelor of Science degrees in Biological Sciences and Entomology.  My
biology coursework includes medical entomology, parasitology, human
anatomy, nematology, and physiology, along with biochemistry, cell
biology, ecology, and botany.  My research experience is extensive.  I
participated in several research projects, including tapeworm (Taenia
species) identification in bears and studies of incipient speciation in
both plants (Phaseolus vulgaris) and insects (the genus Coleus).

As an experienced hospital volunteer and Emergency Medical Technician, I
work with elderly, infirm, and patients in critical conditions.  I was
also an Entomology Teaching Assistant for three quarters, including two
quarters as the Head Teaching Assistant.  These TA positions are typically
limited to graduate students in the UC system.

I believe that my unique training and interest in Biological Sciences and
Entomology, combined with my enthusiastic attitude towards learning new
skills will enable me to work as an effective member of any team.  In
addition, this position will enable me to further develop my interest in
and knowledge of medical parasitology.

Please contact me via letter, phone, or email if you would like my resume
or any additional information from me. Thank you very much for considering
me for this position.

Sincerely,
Leslie J. Goldberg

1021 Fifth Street