worms in tequila

ctfaulkn at utkvx.utk.edu ctfaulkn at utkvx.utk.edu
Mon Jun 12 06:51:21 EST 1995

In Article <3rgs77$2fd at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>
(Dave Johnston) <daj at mailserver.nhm.ac.uk> writes:
>During my undergarad days I was told that Ascaris eggs survived
>pickling in formalin. Never put it to the critical test though.

	i have larvated Toxocara canis eggs refrigerated in 5% BNF and they
are still infective after 2 years.  The BNF is great for killing all of the
other microbiological agents which could potentially contaminate the inocula.

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   Get your facts first and then you
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   can distort them as much as you please.
*   (ctfaulkn at utkvx.utk.edu)     *                   Mark Twain