Worms in tequila

Dr David I. Gibson D.Gibson at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 03:38:38 EST 1995

As I suspected, according to our data-base, there are no published records
of helminths from Gusano.
David Gibson

Leslie Goldberg (ez043404 at dale.ucdavis.edu} wrote:

>As far as I know, the agave worm is also known as the Maguey worm (Gusano
>roja), which, in addition to mezcal, is also served in tortillas in some
>restaurants in Mexico
>leslie

Dr David I. Gibson (D.Gibson at nhm.ac.uk) wrote:

: If any one knows the generic name of the 'agave' worm, which inhabits
: bottles of mescal, I could check whether we have any records of helminths
: which have been recorded from it; though, in view of its origin in a cactus,
: I think that this is doubtful.
from
Dr David I. Gibson
Parasitic Worms  Division
Department of Zoology                           Try:
The Natural History Museum                  http://www.nhm.ac.uk/
London SW7 5BD
UK
Tel. +44-(0)171-938-9485