Need addresses of Diagnostic Kit Manufacturers

Bryan Kiehl b3748 at
Wed Jun 14 20:07:25 EST 1995

In article <3rn6os$7sr at>,
   riversloth at (RiverSloth) wrote:
>I'm searching for names and/or addresses of companies who
>manufacture/market diagnostic test kits in the human or agriculture health
>field.  I work for the US Department of Agriculture and have developed a
>screening procedure which quickly can detect individual insects in a wild
>population which are resistant to insecticides.  Surprizingly, the USDA
>does not appear to have personnel who can determine the potential
>marketability of a product. Our choices at my lab appear to be to publish
>and lose any patent rights which might bring back funds into the US
>Treasury (unfortunately for me, as an employee of the USDA, I don't
>receive any return on patent income) or try to determine the market
>potential myself and push that info toward our USDA patent office
>Does anyone have any names of companies who produce diagnostic kits? I
>would appreciate any help you can give me.
>Felix D. Guerrero, Ph.D.
>USDA-ARS Livestock Insect Research Lab
>Kerrville, TX

I suggest you post your question in the bionet.diagnostics newsgroup. I think
there are several vetrinary groups there. I work in a human diagnostic company
 and have little knowledge about such a market.

Bryan Kiehl
15222-A Avenue of Science
San Diego, CA 92128
(619) 592-9300, ext 309