PCR in soil

homan Wieger.Homan at rivm.nl
Thu Jun 22 08:44:52 EST 1995

Hello,

We are working on PCRs in soil, faeces or other vectors containing large
amount of polymerase inhibiting compounds. As we are interested in the
detection of parasitic oocysts we need to perform harsh extraction methods
that seem to release polymerase inhibitors. Till now we did not succeed in
removing the inhibitory materials (after phenol extraction), whatever
purification methods we tried (gelfitration, celite or ionexchange for
example). Is there someone out there who can give me some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Wieger L.Homan
Lab. for Parasitology and Mycology
National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection
P.O.Box 1
3720 BA Bilthoven
The Netherlands
Tel..  :(31)30-742909