Trypanosome EM picture

Mona Abdallah monaa at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu
Wed Nov 8 11:57:48 EST 1995

Charlie Bond <charlie at spec.ch.man.ac.uk> wrote:
>Does anyone have an EM picture, or nice stained micrograph of a
>trypanosome (preferably T. cruzi) in a computer format (not hard copy)
>which they wouldn't mind me putting in my thesis, please.
>I've searched all of the parasite references I can find on the web.
>
>Cheers,
>Charlie
>--
>
> *###* >>------------------------------------>> *###*
> |~ ~|   charlie at spec.ch.man.ac.uk              |~ ~|
>{ o|o }  charlie.bond at stud.man.ac.uk           { o|o }
> | " |   http://spec.ch.man.ac.uk/~charlie/     # " #
> |`-'|   Tel. 0161 275 4689                     ##-##

I have a photograph of Trypanosoma acomys (a stercorarian herpetosome)
that I worked on in my Master's thesis. If you are interested, I can try
to scan a picture of it. You can also scan color or EM pictures from a
colored atlas of tropical medicine and parasitology, or a parasitology
textbook. I have pictures of a trypomastigote form among red blood cells
or epimastigote forms in culture. If you are interested please E-mail me
at monaa at ousunx.ucc.okstate.edu. I am just starting to learn about using
the internet so I will try my best to get a picture to you.
                                Take care!