Wife sees parasites in her tears.

Taylor H. Brady taybrady at xmission.com
Sun Oct 1 14:45:29 EST 1995

Help,

For some time my wife has complained about seeing parasite type worms on the
surface of her eye.  They distract her vision.  She describes them as:

"They are long and thin - like the shape of an earthworm.  They curve slightly
but somestimes have one or two sharp bends in them looking like an "L" or a
"Z".  Most of the time they are just curved slightly.  I wonder if I'm seeing
a head on them because on the tip of one end it's darker than the rest of it.
The dark tip is no wider of different than the body - just darker.  Sometimes
I see them move.  I took a tear sample (it took cutting up 2 onions to get 2
tears) and looked at them under my microscope.  I found what I think I see on
my eye - it looked slightly different because of the focus.  I put one tear on
two different slides and found about four or five of these critters on each
slde.  Can you tell me what the name is of this parasite?  I'd really
appreciate your help. Thank you."

E-Mail me if you have any ideas about this.
taybrady at xmission.com
Taylor H. Brady