Re "worms in tears"

Dr. Barbara Horney horney at UPEI.CA
Thu Oct 5 07:49:26 EST 1995

This is in response to the question about possible "worms" in tears that
disrupt vision. Are you sure that the structures that your wife is seeing is
actually in the tears? Vitreal floaters (from within the eye) can have
a similar appearance (thread-like structures that move as the head is
turned). I have a large number of these and they are especially annoying
when looking at light (white) surfaces or into my micrscope. Floaters are
not uncommon, especially in people that are nearsighted but carefull
examination of the retina should be done by a professional to check for
signs of degeneration. Let me know if this fits...Barb <horney at upei.ca>