Info Needed on Cooperoides

Charles T. Faulkner ctfaulkn at utkux4
Thu Oct 5 08:12:48 EST 1995

On 4 Oct 1995, Michael Ashenbach wrote:

> I need taxonomic information on a term I've encountered reading
> some of the older literature. The term is Cooperoides. Exactly
> what is Cooperoides is it a genera? an order or some
> taxonomical sub-division. Any information or directionould
> be most appreciated.

	I don't have a copy of York and Maplestone handy, but I would
check there first to see if its a morphologically similar cohort of Cooperia,
(a Trichostrongylid nematode of rumminants), e.g. Paracooperia, or an old
Genus thats been subsumed into Cooperia, etc.  Perhaps a nematode taxonomist
has more insight and would be willing to share their experiential knowledge.
I believe the name is derived from Curtis Cooper, a pioneer in Veterinary
Parasitology ca. late 1800's.  Keep us posted and good luck!

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   Get your facts first and then you
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   can distort them as much as you please.
*     (ctfaulkner at utk.edu)       *                Mark Twain