Malaria - Treatment with Artemisinin/Artesunate or Artemether

Walter Fischer wiesenma at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Oct 15 21:18:30 EST 1995

I work in a rural hospital in Tanzania, where we see a lot of multiresistant
malaria, not respnding to quinine. I would like to buy a small stock of
artesunate, but as far as I know, this is only available in Asia. I heard about
a Guilin Pharmaceutical Factory in Guilin, China, which is producing this
drugs.
Who can help me in finding the exact address of this Factory?
Who knows other ways of getting artemisinin? For Example through an address in
Thailand. Is Pfizer International in Bangkok selling artesunate? What is their
exact address?
Thank you in advance, Dr. med. Walter Fischer