Do mosquitos get malaria?

Stephen G. Kayes kayes at SUNGCG.USOUTHAL.EDU
Sun Sep 17 11:04:02 EST 1995

Mark:
	Absolutely correct.  Malaria (meaning "bad air") is the disease
humans get when infected with _Plasmodium_ spp.  However, I am not sure
that humans vector the organism.  The mosquito, acting as a biosyringe,
vectors the organism to human hosts.  Real syringes, tainted blood
transfusions and other human behaviors resulting in blood exchange can
transmit the organism human to human without the need for the mosquito.
It seems to me that the the definition of a arthropod vector is somewhat
anthropomorphic, but then humas are the one's doing the sweating.

	Steve Kayes