How long do toxicara eggs last in soil?

David Shock docshock at tcd.net
Tue Feb 6 11:15:10 EST 1996

I believe the question here relates to ALL dog parasites that might
be tranmitted to children via soil contaminated with dog feces.
Toxicara, ascarids, tapeworms, protozoa and others.  I understand
there are some chemical sprays that kennels use to control the spread
of parasites on premises.  I would like to know how effective these
are for various parasites, and how residual the chemical is.  It
might take longer to clear the chemical than just time working on the
parasites.  How about clorox bleach diluted to 5%? I know it is often
used effectively to control bacteria.  How abut "safe" products like
neem oil spray?  Can anyone reading this offer any suggestions of
on options, or where to look??

Thanks, I would love to hear any comments

Lisa

 Hello,