Filariasis Bibliography

Richard Speare Richard.Speare at jcu.edu.au
Fri Feb 9 07:52:58 EST 1996

This message appeared on Nema-L list.

Rick Speare

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 04:45:55 -0600
From: Mark Blaxter <mark.blaxter at ed.ac.uk>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nema-l at unl.edu>

ANNOUNCING
The ONCHOCERCA BIBLIOGRAPHY PROJECT
sponsored by The McConnell Clark Foundation

The Clark Foundation has awarded a small grant to provide to onchocerciasis
and filariasis researchers worldwide an up-to-date version of the
Bibliography of Onchocerciasis, originally put together by Ralph Muller at
CABI.

What is the Onchocerca Bibliography?
This is an exhaustive compilation (5000 entries) of the global literature
on onchocerciasis from 1840 up to ~1990. It is a subset of the
International Filariasis Association's Bibliography on Filariasis (15000
entries).

What we intend to do:
We will be taking the Onchocerca Bibliography and turning it into a readily
accessible resource. This means reformatting all the references, adding new
ones since it was published, getting rid of internal errors and
duplications, and making it available to anyone who wants it.  We will
produce an onchocerciasis-specific subset as well as the full filariasis
set.

How will it be available?
We will be producing versions of the database for
* the world wide web (we will add the bibliography to the current filgennet
site at http://woodland.bio.ic.ac.uk/fgn/filgen.html)
* gopher access through the internet. We will be making a fully indexed and
searchable version for access over the net.
* as versions in YOUR favourite bibliography software format (Refer, BiblX,
Endnote, ReferenceManager, etcetera) to run on your home computer. These
will be available by ftp from the filgennet site and possibly by disc also.

How can you help?
Firstly we would like to know what sorts of reference / bibliography
programs you use, on what platform (Mac, PCWindows, PCDOS, Unix). Please
send me an email message to say "yes I'm interested" and "this is the sort
of bibliography software I use".

Secondly, in order to ensure that the bibliography is complete, we would
like to cross check it with any bibliographies/reference collections you
might have. If anyone has such a bibliography (especially of recent
material) please contact me

Mark Blaxter

Dr. Mark Blaxter   email  Mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology
Ashworth Laboratories, King's Buildings
University of Edinburgh,  West Mains Road
EDINBURGH  EH9 3JT,  United Kingdom
phone: (+44) 131 650 6760  Fax :...650 5450