Chronic giardiasis. Help!!

Tom C. cigolott at
Tue Feb 27 17:23:02 EST 1996

Seems strange......

Can't comment on the treatments except that they work on most other

Possibly consider a reinfective state ......something in lifestyle
causing sure way to check is to place in a monitored
facility and see how long the person goes without infection...then look
at the environmental stuff.....

very strange

tom c.

In message <v01510100ad534a49b8eb@[]> -
Sunna at (An
war Sunna) writes:
}I require some help!!
}The case patient has giardiasis since almost one year. Cyst were
}in soft stool at  different times.
} Intestinal symptoms are diarrhea, some abdominal cramps, bloating,
}flatulence, fatigue, and some
}weight loss.  In some acute periods  increased abdominal gassiness,
}vomiting, malaise, fatigue,
}and depression have been observed.
}The patient had been treated with the following therapy without
}1. Flagyl:
}2. Fasigyn (Tinidazol)
}3. Tiberal (Ordinazol)
}4. Tiberal (Ordinazol)
}5. Fasigyn (Tinidazol): strong treatment for 3 days. 4 tablets/night.
}All the treatments have proved to by unable to eliminate the Giardia
}parasite. After the last treatment the cyst were again detected in soft
}stool/watery stool.
}Are threre any suggestion on how to eliminate the parasite?. Any ideas
}about successfully combined therapies?
}I will be grateful about any suggestion
}Thank you
}A. Sunna
}Dr. Anwar Sunna
}Technical University Hamburg-Harburg
}Biotechnology I/ Technical Microbiology
}Denickestrasse 15
}D-21071 Hamburg
}Tel.: ++49-40-7718 3336
}Fax.: ++49-40-7718 2909