cryptosporididum

.Tim Mecham tmecham at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 6 13:07:17 EST 1996

I am curious about this organism as a potential public health problem.
Since an outbreak in Green Bay WI, this sort of wimpy coccidia has
elevated itself to be a serious problem, especially in immune
compromised individuals.  The spread of this organism appears to be
horses - which may have a signigificant impact on horseback riders.  I
know that University of California, Davis is taking this seriously,
they are requesting fecal samples from horse owners all over the state.

I would sure be interested in any information regarding
cryptosporidium, references etc.

Thanks,
Dr. J DVM

ps. don't drink the water on horse trails!!!!!