eosinophilia--Question

until at teleport.com until at teleport.com
Fri Jan 5 19:51:38 EST 1996

Would someone here consider answering a question for me
about eosinophilia?  I have been told
that eosinophilia just means that that type of white blood cell is
elevated on blood counts--that it is common and nonspecific
with parasite infestations.  I thought it was actually a result
of a parasitic infection, and that you could see the parasites
that caused the infection on some sort of medical scan.  What
exactly IS eosinophilia?  And what causes it?  If it really is
caused by parasites, which ones cause it--ascarids?  M. lineatus?

Thank you for your time.

  - Tara K. Harper
     until at teleport.com

/   Even a thought   /
/     Even a possibility can shatter us and transform us   /
/                - Nietzsche   /