cryptosporididum

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:30:56 EST 1996

In article <4cmdol$o3b at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> tmecham at ix.netcom.com(.Tim Mecham ) writes:
>I am curious about this organism as a potential public health problem.
>Since an outbreak in Green Bay WI, this sort of wimpy coccidia has
>elevated itself to be a serious problem, especially in immune

Cryptosporidium species are very much a recognized public
health problem, and not just in immunocompromized individuals.
Moreover, if you ever had a chance to see what it can do the
intestinal epithelia of a patient you would quickly recant the
qualifier "wimpy".

>I would sure be interested in any information regarding
>cryptosporidium, references etc.

Steve Upton has a lot of Crypo info set up on-linein Kansas.
The URL escapes me at the moment but you easily navigate your
way there from the ASP web pages at http://www-museum.unl.edu/asp/

Go to the Parasite Links page and run from there.
As for specific references (and not to be too glib) you might try
the last 10 years of the Journal of Parasitology, Parasitology Today,
the Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology (previously the Journal of
Protozoology), Parasite Immunology, Infectious Disease, etc etc etc.

Good luck,

Mark

>ps. don't drink the water on horse trails!!!!!

Or in cow fields, or in Moscow, or ...

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062