what is wrong with me?

Patmondu patmondu at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 16:30:31 EST 1996

I am a 39 year old female with chronic stomach problems that I have had
for almost 20 years.   I was run over by a drunk driver and, among other
problems, lost my spleen.  I have suffered from extreme abdominal pain
after eating.  I ahve nausea in the morning and after any meal.  I vomit
frequently.  I have to force myself to eat  and schedule my day around
eating because I know I will be incapacitated after any meal.  Changing my
diet does not change the symptoms other than the fact that eating greasy,
spicy food causes more acid just like any ohter person.  I am not able to
consume the normal daily amount of calories.  The traditional medical
establishment has not been able to explain the causae of my problems, let
alone prescribe relief.  Possible diagnoses are IBS, Chron's, adhesions,
pancreitis, liver damage, allergies, chemical sensitivities, gall bladder,
sulfa drug allery, ad infinitum.  I have a thousand different medical
tests.  I am now looking into possible environmental causes and
alternative remedies.  I have seen a naturopathic MD who took stool
samples which identified beta hemalitic e. coli (sp?) and wanted to do
more tests for bacteria.  Any recommendations anyone can give me would be
greatly appreciated.  Are there any basic tests I should have done?  Thank
you very much...Cathy (in care of Patmondu at aol.com as I am too sick to
type.