albendazole toxicity

Geoff Dow geoffdow at numbat.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jul 16 05:52:27 EST 1996

Hi there!

Can anyone help me?  Does anyone know anything/know where I could find
anything about albendazole's (Zentel, valbazen) toxicity at high doses
in both humans or in laboratory rats/rodents.  More specifically, I
need to know of any case reports or studies which have linked
albendazole with bone marrow suppression.  My literature searches so
far have only found papers that have discussed minor reversible liver
abnormalities in patient's receiving albendazole for hydatid disease.

Also does anyone know where I can find info about the albendazole
dosage regimens required to cure (any) experimental parasitic
infections in laboratory rats.

Cheers, Geoff

Email: geoffdow at numbat.murdoch.edu.au