Mesocestoides corti

yi-quan tang ytang at uci.edu
Tue Jul 30 18:26:14 EST 1996

Hi there all,

I know next to nothing about parasites or parasitology; however, I am
interested in obtaining Mesocestoides corti tetrathyridia as a means by
which to induce a marked eosinophilia in BALB/c mice.  Much to my chagrin,
I have found that one can't simply order this type of thing from Sigma (I
have actually tried Carolina Biol. Supply without luck).  I would also be
interested in any additional information about this organism: i.e.
propogation, risk of infection (human), care and maintenance.

Thanks

Nannette Y. Yount, Ph.D.
Pathology
University of California, Irvine