Herbal treatments for intestinal parasites

Monroe Pastermack keloid at hooked.net
Mon Nov 4 00:59:36 EST 1996

To all:

I recall, as an 11 year old (1946) with pinworms, being given a
combination of substances for my treatment. This was in New York City.

My treatment consisted of Quassia (Picraena excelsa) enemas and gentian
violet pills per os. One of these treatements worked as the pinworm
infestation disappeared.  One or both of these drugs caused me to vomit.
I always suspected the gentian violet as the cause of my gastric
irritation.  Quassia continues to be used as an antihelminthic by some
groups around the world.