Herbal treatments for intestinal parasites

mark e siddall msiddall at umich.edu
Mon Nov 4 09:07:32 EST 1996

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Monroe Pastermack wrote:

> To all:
>
> I recall, as an 11 year old (1946) with pinworms, being given a
> combination of substances for my treatment. This was in New York City.
>
> My treatment consisted of Quassia (Picraena excelsa) enemas and gentian
> violet pills per os. One of these treatements worked as the pinworm
> infestation disappeared.

Just playing devil's advocate here, it's also possible that neither worked
and the infection self-terminated.
This is only to underscore, of course, the value of documented research
and controlled studies (which may well have been done for quassia -
dunno), and inquiries of a health-care professional.

Mark E. Siddall, Michigan Society Fellow, Ass't Prof.
Museum of Zoology (94 Museums)
University of Michigan        ______ msiddall at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI  48109        _/  ____ mes at vims.edu
Ph: 313 936 2286         __/ \_/  \_ msiddall at museum.unl.edu