Chronic Candidiasis

Mark Armitage micromark at juno.com
Thu Nov 14 01:11:29 EST 1996

Dear All,
In his book entitled "The Missing Diagnosis" (1986, Missing Diagnosis
Inc., Birmingham), Dr. C.O. Truss posits the theory, after 20 years as a
physician, that chronic parasitic yeast infections in men and women are
directly related to the widespread use of broad spectrum antibiotics
which kill off "friendly" flora and allow Candida albicans to
proliferate and flood the body with toxins.  I have written about this
theory in a recent paper.  A reviewer has stated that "the evidence for
this is grossly lacking and which most practitioners regard as absurd".
I would welcome any further criticism on this issue, especially from
those who may have read this book.
Sincerely,
Mark Armitage
Azusa Pacific University