Established cell lines.

Fernan Aguero faguero at iib.uba.ar
Thu Nov 14 09:37:20 EST 1996

Hi!
I'm doing my PhD studying aspects of the metabolism of Echinococcus
granulosus. I am limited by the availability of parasites for my studies
since the larval stage (the protoscolices) I work with is obtained from
sheep cysts. I am now purifying some enzymes, and i would like to get
larger quantities of parasite material, so i thought of the possibility
of an established cell line from the parasite.
Does anyone know of any established cell lines from this parasite? Or
maybe Echinococcus multilocularis or another helminth?
Or does anyone has experience in establishing cell lines from this kind
of organisms?

Thanks in advance.