Medical symbol - African parasite?

Vincent Dedet vDedet.pointvet at invivo.remcomp.fr
Tue Nov 19 15:56:05 EST 1996

--

  Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, but any input would be greatly
appreciated.  I need some information on the link between the medical
symbol (staff with 2 intertwining snakes) and an African parasitic
disease.  This is for a contest I can win a t-shirt for.  They are looking
for how the symbol evolved, and why it did.

  Sorry if this is offtopic, but I don't know where else to ask.  Any
other references would be greatly appreciated as well.

|----------------------------------------------------|
  Chris Howes  "CHOWESER"  4cjh4 at qlink.queensu.ca

Well, I uesd to think that the snakes were climbing on Esculare's stick, and
that Esculape was an antique Greek. Maybe it come form the time Gaia had not
set apart and thatMediterranean sea did not exist ?
Vincent Dedet
DVM
La Semaine Veterinaire
BP 233