Worm identification

Charles T. Faulkner ctfaulkn at utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Tue Nov 26 14:56:40 EST 1996

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Brent Dixon wrote:

> I had a call yesterday from a man who claims to have passed two large,
> active worms in his urine stream.  He described them as 10cm long and
> 2-3mm in diameter, red, with small hooks.  His doctor referred him to a

	Perhaps they were Dioctophyma renale. A couple of case histories
were described by Beaver et al (1984: 247). Too bad the specimens were
lost, its really difficult to do a parasite id based on vague description
and memory. Oh well.....keep us informed if anything else turns up.

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   Get your facts first and then you
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   can distort them as much as you please.
*     (ctfaulkner at utk.edu)       *                Mark Twain