Elephantiasis picture needed!

kevin k-mckenna at nwu.edu
Fri Nov 29 15:21:30 EST 1996

In article <329F1018.5FB0 at techunix.technion.ac.il>, bOaZ
<zarad at techunix.technion.ac.il> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone out there have the picture of the "elephant man" who's David
> Lynch's movie was based upon, John Merrick? Please email it to me, I
> need it for an essay I'm preparing.

I think you need to work on the text more before you start on the figures.
Merrick sufferred from neurofibromatosis type I (maybe, that is
controversial-check it out), but he certainly did not suffer from
elepahantiasis. They are completely unrelated diseases. Seems to me that
any essay about the guy should at least start with some consideration of
his disease, since that is what made him famous.