tick cell culture

Glen A.Scoles glen.scoles at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 9 08:57:49 EST 1996

>hi!
>        is there any one out there culturing tick cells.....?? if so i would
>love to hear from you.   esp if you are culturing Boophilus microplus
>cells...
>I am trying to culture them but their growth is very slow so i am
>looking for some ideas to improve their health and rate of division
>
>                Thank you
>                Andrea

Glad to know I'm not alone!

I too am interested in tick cell culture, we are working with _Ornithodoros
porcinus_. We're especially interested in primary hemocyte culture. Any
comments/questions/suggestions/references/etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks

*******************************
Glen A. Scoles
Dept. of Epidemiology and Public Health
Yale University School of Medicine
60 College St., P.O. Box 208034
New Haven, CT 06520-8034
(203) 785-3223
Fax: 785-4782

Alternate address:
Plum Island Animal Disease Center
P.O. Box 848
Green Port, NY 11944
(516) 323-2500 ext. 131 (lab), 416 (office)
Fax: 323-2507