Mounting medium

Dr David I. Gibson D.Gibson at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 11:10:26 EST 1996

At 08:09 22/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Thank you for your quick response.  I am familiar with Canada Balsam, but
>it is out of my price range.  Have you heard anything about Cytoseal? I
>saw it in the Carolina Math and Science Catalog #66, and I was wondering
>if it is worth trying.  Thanks again, Ricky A. Fiorillo.

I have not found a synthetic mountant which is really archival. Specimens
can be valuable, and if you want them to last, then spend the money....
Canada balsam is good for 100 years, most alternatives for 5-10 at most. If
Canada balsam is totally out of the question, then an alternative might be
Euparal, if you can get it these days!
from
Dr David I. Gibson
Parasitic Worms  Division                         Tel. +44-(0)171-938-9485
Department of Zoology                               Fax. +44-(0)171-938-8754
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD
UK

Work e-mail: dig at nhm.ac.uk