Wanting information on head lice

Palin.anah at worldnet.att.net Palin.anah at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 2 02:32:11 EST 1997

In article <333ACBDD.1026 at phoenix.net>,
  The Hitchcocks <hitchcws at phoenix.net> wrote:

> Hi Lois,
> I am not knowledgeable re: temp sensitivity of head lice, but thought
> you might be interested in hearing that several years ago I read a
> woman's personal account of her first-hand experience with them. (It may
> have been in Redbook, it was a doctors' office magazine collection.)
>
> ANyway, it was awhile before she discovered the cause of her itching -
> she at first attributed it to the aftermath of getting a permanent.
> Everyone in the house EXCEPT THE TEENAGE SON shared this condition, and
> her doctor reasoned that he may have escaped because he was in the habit
> of blow drying his hair holding the hair dryer about 1 inch away.
>
> teresa
> rneate at mum.edu wrote:
> >
> > Wondering if something simple like use of the heat cycle on hairdryer
> > could prevent head lice. I would like to discuss this with someone
> > knowledgeable about the temperature sensitivity of head lice.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lois Neate

> >       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

We're a family of five with 2 boys that have just come down with
lice.
My husband and myself blow dry our hair everyday and so far have not
come down with the lice.  My eldest son plasters his head with gel
and
hairspray everyday and also does not have the lice, whereas my two
younger ones do not blow dry or wear gel and they have the lice.

Miriam.