A case of ocular pentastomiasis

Franck Bameul Franck.Bameul at paramyco.u-bordeaux2.fr
Sun Apr 20 16:07:25 EST 1997

        At the parasitology lab of St-Andre Hospital, Bordeaux, France, we
have identified a new case of ocular pentastomiasis. The subject is an 11
years old girl from Ghana. A larva of the parasit, probably an Armillifer,
was identified in sections sent by a pathologist.

        Cases of ocular pentastomiasis seems to have been quite rare in the
litterature and my Medline search provided poor results. I have found one
case of Lingatula by Lang et al. in 1987 and one case by Fontanel et al. in
1972, that's all.

        Is someone knowing other references of case reports of ocular
pentastomiasis? I shall be glad to know about other references...

        Thank you.                      Franck

Dr Franck BAMEUL
Residence Mahela B 132
2 ter, rue de Bethmann
F-33000 Bordeaux
France

tel. : (0)556 79 56 79 ext. 43570 (work)
         (0)556 24 14 37 (home)
E-mail : Franck.Bameul at paramyco.u-bordeaux2.fr