Help me please!.

Gabriela Martinez Trevi o m115990 at UACHIH.UACHNET.MX
Fri Apr 25 13:03:01 EST 1997

I need help please!...

   A friend of my has a serious problem. He suffers from dyarrea since four
months ago. His physician detected after an analysis Entamoeba Fragilis
Trophozoites and Blastocystys Hominis.
   The amoebas were eliminated with yodoxin (3 weeks) treatment but not the
Blasstocystys Hominis (a biologist, friend of him, told him that it was a
new parasite and cure have not found yet. Normaly the organism eliminate
this parasit).

 Could some body tell me if it is true?.

  After yodoxin treatment, his physician indicate him:

   Metronidazole 1000 mg daily (2 weeks). This treatment does not work
either to eliminate the Blastocystys.

   Actualy he has the follow treatment (two weeks after the treatment
before ends):
  Metronidazole  1500 mg daily (during 2 weeks).

 Questions:
1) Is the Metronidazol the apropiate mendicament for Blastocystys Hominis?.

2) Is the apropiate doses?.

3)  What could be the damage provocated by this parasit (blastocystys
Hominis)?.

 Could some body send me information about this parasit (Blastocystys
Hominis), tratment for eliminate it and sintomatology?

 Thanks in advance for your help.