Trypanosomiasis due to Trypanosoma vivax in milk cattle

Roberto Aguilar ramss at BRASINET.COM.BR
Thu Aug 7 19:13:11 EST 1997

Dear colleagues,
Tuesday I diagnosed a new outbreak of bovine trypanosomiasis due to
Trypanosoma vivax in milk cattle from the Pantanal, Brazil.
This outbreak occured in a milk cattle herd with 40 heads. I sampled 32
animal, 17 were positives (53%, using microhematocrit test).
Intense anemia, loss of weigth and weakness were the principal signs.Five
animals had abortion, 7 had placenta retained and 3 died. The infected
animals had ages from 10 years old to less than 1 year old
Do you know reports on trypanosomiasis due to T. vivax in milk cattle??
Please let me Know.
Sincerely,
Roberto Aguilar M. S. Silva