Role of Ivermectin in scabies?

Andy Fell ahfell at netmatters.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 20:54:12 EST 1997

A quick PubMed search shows that ivermectin has been used both topically
and orally for scabies and seems to be very effective. See Meinking et al,
New England Journal of Medicine vol.333, p.26 (1995) for example.
What I am not sure about is whether ivermectin is yet licensed for human
use, or is just released for use in exceptional circumstances.
I believe a trial is being planned in the Solomon Islands.

Andy Fell

Didier MARTINEZ <santard at easynet.fr> wrote in article
<33EBBE06.C6A at easynet.fr>...