Help! I have schistosomiasis (LA area)

Gary Lum Gary.Lum at
Sat Aug 16 04:31:48 EST 1997

> > On a trip to Turkey I contracted Schistosomiasis.  My doctor gave me some
> > medicine, but I am not convinced he is the right person; the disease has
> > persisted.

> > Is there a physician in the LA area that you would recommend? Someone with
> > experience with this disease?  I understand that this disease can be
> > cured, and I want to do whatever is necessary.

Can't help with a name, but any good travel medicine physician or
infectious diseases physician at your local university associated
hospital should see you right.  What was the anti-parasitic agent your
other doctor prescribed you?



Dr Gary Lum
Director of Microbiology and Pathology
Royal Darwin Hospital

Microbiologists do it with culture and sensitivity 
Meet me at
E-mail me at mailto:glum at

More information about the Parasite mailing list