Help! I have schistosomiasis (LA area)

Gary Lum Gary.Lum at CASRDH.HEALTH.nt.gov.au
Sat Aug 16 04:31:48 EST 1997

> > On a trip to Turkey I contracted Schistosomiasis.  My doctor gave me some
> > medicine, but I am not convinced he is the right person; the disease has
> > persisted.

> > Is there a physician in the LA area that you would recommend? Someone with
> > experience with this disease?  I understand that this disease can be
> > cured, and I want to do whatever is necessary.

Can't help with a name, but any good travel medicine physician or
infectious diseases physician at your local university associated
hospital should see you right.  What was the anti-parasitic agent your
other doctor prescribed you?

Regards

Gary

Dr Gary Lum
Director of Microbiology and Pathology
Royal Darwin Hospital

Microbiologists do it with culture and sensitivity
Meet me at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~glum/index.html
E-mail me at mailto:glum at ozemail.com.au