sexuality and parasites

Fri Dec 19 16:14:50 EST 1997

Peter Ashton wrote:
> A really good place to start is Matt Ridley's "The Red Queen: Sex and the
> Evolution
> of Human Nature". I seem to remember that he references all the original
> articles that
> he quotes.

It probably would be good to check out the work by Curt Lively.  He
has examined the maintenance of sex in snail populations (sexual vs.
parthenogenetic) infected with digenetic trematodes (also some work
in fish, too, and probably others).

Good luck,
Eric Wetzel

Eric J. Wetzel, Ph.D.           phone: 765-361-6074
Department of Biology           fax:   765-361-6149
Wabash College                  email: wetzele at
PO Box 352
301 W. Wabash Avenue
Crawfordsville, IN 47933