Qualified physician parasitologists

Mark Armitage micromark at juno.com
Sun Feb 16 12:41:35 EST 1997

Dear All,
I have seen several threads regarding homeopathic solutions to possible
parasite infections and the attitudes (and possible ignorance) expressed
by primary care physicians towards patients who feel that they may have
parasites.  My own family doctor, only out of medical school 7 or 8
years, seems to know little about parasitology.
Are there health care centers in the United States which are known for
their ability to accurately and quickly diagnose a possible parasitic
infection and effectively treat it?
I would assume that the US Navy medical center in San Diego and Tulane
University School of Medicine are on that list, but are there others?
Thanks,
Mark Armitage
Graduate Student Biology
Azusa Pacific University