Qualified physician parasitologists

Dr. Gary Conboy conboy at UPEI.CA
Sun Feb 23 09:24:28 EST 1997

I have talked to several physicians (trained in North America) concerning the
amount of time devoted to the discipline of parasitology in their medical
school training.  They seemed to indicate that the subject was covered as a
separate discipline in about 2 weeks.  I don't know if this amount of training
is the norm for north American medical schools.  I am not saying that I have
any information indicating that our health care providers are not trained
properly in this area, however, I would be interested in hearing from
physicians about the amount of training they received in parasitology and
whether they consider this adequate.

Gary Conboy
Atlantic Veterinary College