About cysticercosis

JAVIER AMBROSIO jrah at SERVIDOR.DGSCA.UNAM.MX
Tue Feb 25 10:22:37 EST 1997

I want make some comments about cysticercosis/taeniosis due to Taenia
solium:
	Many people thinks that cysticercosis is a classical disease that
involves bad hygiene and low economy, but no matter the economical
status all us can be in risk as shown by Dr. Schantz (Schantz et al.
(1992). Neurocysticercosis in an orthodox jewish community in New York
City. N.Engl.J.Med. 692-695) in addition Dr. Flisser and Sarti studies
had propose that only one tapeworm carrier, involved in food processing,
could be an excellent transmision vehicle. This statement was the
principal support for tapeworm carriers detection. If we will able to
detect infected people with tapeworms of T. solium, we will effective in
controlling cysticercosis.