worm around jugular

Dan Holdsworth drh92 at aber.ac.uk
Fri Jan 3 13:45:07 EST 1997

In article <19970101220400.RAA22571 at ladder01.news.aol.com>,
luscombe99 at aol.com (Luscombe99) writes:
:Hmmmmm.....logic would also suggest that your friend should be seen
:by
:someone who can properly diagnose and treat this "worm" (if in fact
:it
:exists at all).   Forgive me if I sound skeptical, but this sounds
:flaky--and your friend's reliance on homeopathy just adds fuel to my
:doubts.  The world is full of healthy people who think they're
:infected
:with parasites, and there are plenty of completely bogus books out
:there
:which support this absurd notion (e.g., The Cure for All Cancers by
:Hulda
:Regehr Clark).

I am inclined to agree with this opinion. To my knowledge, there aren't
many parasites big enough to be felt under the skin which could be causing
the problem.

I am also of the opinion that homeopathy is nothing more than expensive
distilled water. Claims that it "treats the disease not the symptoms" and
such are clearly completely without foundation; the "diagnostic process"
that homeopathy uses is based around surpression of symptoms, not around
a philosophy of treating the cause of said symptoms.

In short, homeopathy is a placebo only.

I agree with all other posters here; see a qualified conventional
medic, and get an informed opinion on what, if anything, the disease is
and how it may be cured.