Junk mail

Mark Siddall msiddall at umich.edu
Thu Jul 10 00:27:39 EST 1997

I agree with Omar.
bionet.protista and bionet.molbio.evolution just went this route for the
same reason (see my previous post here).
If this newsgroup is going to remain a useful forum and an educational
tool of any value to K-12, we will have to moderate out the hard-core
porn postings and the I've-got-something-for-you spams.
What we need is a volunteer to moderate and from there we can move on
towards quick formalization of a moserated newsgroup.
I would otherwise be happy to volunteer but I am swamped with
maintaining the American Society of Parsitologists web site (inter alia)
and would really appreciate someone else stepping forward and pitching
in (coming down off soapbox now).
The individual would be required to read each posting and either send it
on to the newgroup or to summarily delete it or to return questionable
posts.  It does require a committment of sorts and should really go to
someone who reads this every day or at least every other day.

Mark