Outbreak of Trypanosoma vivax and Wildlife

Roberto Aguilar ramss at BRASINET.COM.BR
Thu Jul 31 21:09:31 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues,
Yesterday, I tryed send this message but I dont known if was successful.
Well, Saturday I diagnosed a new outbreak of bovine trypanosomisis due to
Trypanosoma vivax in a ranch in the Pantanal. Several bovine died and
others had abortions. Five marsh deers died. The rancher told me that he
never found a lot of dead marsh deers.
Do you know reports on trypanosomiasis due to T. vivax in South American
deers?? or T. vivax in South American wildlife??
A colleague diagnosed another outbreak in a ranch with 85,000 heads of
cattle in the Pantanal.
Sincerely,
Roberto Aguilar M. S. Silva