Need Urgent Help with Life-Threatening Parisitic Illness

David J. Mike dmike at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 2 22:23:42 EST 1997

I am looking for help for a young missionary in Thailand as follows.

TO MY "URGENT PRAYER WARRIOR" NETWORK:
While at the 24 hour prayer desk at the U.S. Center for World Mission today
we received this URGENT PRAYER e-mail for David and Michelle Allen,
missionaries to Thailand. I think they are with MAF.  Their e-mail address
snadvm at flash.net.>817-451-0257 (I assume the numbers are a phone number:

                THE NEED FOR PRAYER
David has an invasion of his body by unknown pasasites and apparently
only has 2 months to live if God does not intervene. He is a young
missionary to Thailand with a 4 month old daughter, Brianna. He comes from a
long line missionary family. Please lift David and his family before the
throne of grace. Below is quoted from David:

"My condition is quite serious now. The body is beginning to break down
because I have no more fat or nutrient reserves. My diet consists mostly of
vegebroth, gatorade, and saltines. I tried homemade bread a few weeks ago
and ended up in the emergency room. I am in constant pain and have to take
pain killers regularly.  In the last 3 days there have been sharp pains in
both kidneys.  So far, eight Drs. have not been able to diagnose the
parasites. So they are now running tests to see if my kidneys are
infected.... They have found two foreign agents, but no one can ID them. One
of the effects is to prevent my GI tract from absorbing nutrition.  CDC in
Atlanta is 3-6 months behind, so they can not help in time. The Dr's. are
trying everyone else- they have pictures of the parasite in circulation,
trying to get it identified. I am not doing well.  I feel like I am in a
very dark valley right now. I have been praying for so long for help with no
response, that I have become discouraged in prayer. This is a first for me
in my life. My prayers are now very elemental:"Father save me!" But the pain
continues each day, and I continue to lose weight (lost over 30# to date).
Please pray not only for my body but for my spirit. I have not known fear
like this before. I don't want to be fearful, and I don't need to be fearful
because I am confident in my salvation. I think my fear is related more to
the  thought of not being with my wife and new baby. This was the happiest
time in my life before I became sick."

Do you know anyone who can offer David help?  Perhaps you can forward this
e-mail to someone who is knowlegeable in the area of parasitic disease.  I
would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you

David J. Mike