repellent

Oliver Kayser kayser at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 20 15:59:31 EST 1997

Hi,

I am new to this group, and I would like to ask you for an adress of an
institute or scientist who is working on repellents against Anopheles.
The reason why I am writing to the comunity is, that we checked in our
department at the Freie University of Berlin a plant from South Africa
against tuberculosis. I took this shrub home in the summer and it
smelled quite strange. On the other hand me and my family were not
bitten by any insects. Suppressed by this facts, I looked up literature
and found repellent effects for this genus documentated.
Getting interested, we run some GC-MS of the essential oil and found
around 100 compounds we could detect. But still today I would like to
make a bioassay for prooving this results.

If somebody is interested to test the essential oil please contact me
directly, because I didn't subscribe to this mailing group.

Oliver

Oliver Kayser
FU Berlin
Institut fuer Pharmazie II