Tapeworms as diet helpers

Javier Ambrosio jrah at SERVIDOR.DGSCA.UNAM.MX
Thu Mar 6 10:36:43 EST 1997

Hi, I want to make some considerations about Graham Clark comments.
	In effect, there was a bad idea that eating tapeworm eggs the people
obtain "good body". One example was a famous spanish singler woman,
maybe second name was Carraras, that had a tapeworm and logically "good
body". The problem is if eggs tapeworm not corresponded to T. saginata
(a tapeworm that infects without apparent problem to humans and this
parasite only grows as large as intestine and eats well every day) and
they are from Taenia solium (I strongly recommend to see about
cysticercosis in this forum) the people will be a carrier tapeworm that
is an excellent vehicle to transmit cysticercosis. The razon is that
both types of eggs (from T. saginata and T. solium) are identical and
not exists possibilities for visual differentiation.

	Regards.

	Javier Ambrosio