From Neeloo Singh

root at cscdri.ren.nic.in root at cscdri.ren.nic.in
Wed Mar 12 01:59:25 EST 1997

        To all colleagues of Leish net.
                I would be highly obliged if somebody can help me
        to get isoenzyme typing done of a L. donovani strain which I have.
        This strain RMRI was originally isolated from a confirmed kala
        azar (visceral leishmaniasis) patient here and since has been
        maintained in the laboratory in in vitro culture. I have cloned
        by inverse PCR the kDNA minicircles of this strain and did DNA
        sequencing. On doing FASTA homology search I found 60% similarity
        of these minicircle sequences with L. mexicana. It would be
        a great help if somebody could forward me the address of whom to
        contact for isoenzyme typing.
                           With thanks,
                                                        Dr Neeloo Singh
                                                           Scientist