Charles T. Faulkner ctfaulkn at
Mon Mar 17 08:47:13 EST 1997

On 17 Mar 1997, Dan Holdsworth wrote:

> In article <33331d05.7495669 at>, earthling2 at writes:

> >I have just finished 2 diskettes (full) of very rare data that has
> >been totally innacessable until now. From antique sources now turned
> >into an electronic book (Acrobat 3.0). The rest is scanned black and
> >white illustrations (tif) of what the critters look like. All from

> Any scientist, hell, any research student will have quite a lot of "rare
> data" that won't EVER be made public. Usually, the reason is that the data
> is either crap, shows sloppy methodology that the scientist would rather not
> have associated with his name, or perhaps the scientist just hasn't the time
> for that data.

	I obtained a virus-free diskette from this source and it contains
electronically reproduced portions of 19th century medical books and books
for the lay-public that deal with parasitology.  The source is especially
useful for understanding 19th century perceptions of the medical
importance of particular parasite species, their epidemiology, and their

	If you are curious.......e-mail Margie.  She sent me a diskette
within 1 week of my her expense.

> It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java
> that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a
> warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
	clearly, you might want to temper the cafine buzz with a little
self-control, or adopt a flame-retardant signature line.

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   Get your facts first and then you
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   can distort them as much as you please.
*     (ctfaulkner at       *                Mark Twain